All humanoid animations are combining to one blend file. I could see a huge mess of files coming if I had one animation in each file. Along with the bloated file sizes I was seeing. I already combined a lot of them. Then I will append the base skeleton to each of the characters and re-weight them with automatic weights this time to avoid seams in the segmented parts. With this procedure I will bring in at least two more characters. The pus bucket and a zombie I got from the asset store. I may buy more to save time. Anyway I expect the process to be done in the next few days and have a clean up session again. The clean up is needed because a lot of initial work I did was while learning unity. This I did not know the cleanest ways to get something done 😉 . I feel I have mastered unity now and things move really quick so I hope the clean up will not take long at all. I just have to be careful not to delete the wrong items 😉 . Thank goodness the asset server is there just in case 😉
I hope by next week to also have occulus rift workin in the game. It is a drag and drop. However I have a bunch of code that works off the camera so I have to move that over. I am very impressed with the occulus rift. The resolution is very impressive. The immersion level is ridiculous. I really cannot wait to walk around in mission Europa fully immersed 😉
More later 😉
Not to huge but several hours. I need to move them to one skeleton. I had them spread out across many and it is causing issues… not the worst thing in the world but it must be done… more later as always.
Holly crap it is the future. They just need to demo it to people and have a good price and it WILL sell. I do plan on putting mission europa on Oculous VR now. I would love to see my creation in VR….It truly is amazing in every way. I wish I could see more demos but the latest SDK broke all the old ones. So until they recompile I have to wait with eager hands and my DK2 kit on my head =)….
Back to work on the game -)…
Wow things can move fast in unity with the right asset and code pipelines!
I will keep on keeping on until this baby is done!
I think it is time to revive Reyem Nease! =)…. Time to create the first summon… I will have versions… one summons reyem as a partner the other as a big blast spell like ME 1 …except with the power of unity! =)…. getting fun!
I love unity… Here is the slow spell working and these guys are so easy to make I think the icon might take longer =)
Slow hits and he slows for 3 seconds…. Aewsomeness. Now I need to get the charge effect in there. Then I have some work to do on the AI…. Getting there faster every day!
I need to get the buff system finished so I can move forward. It should not take long. But for abilities to work I need it in there =)..
At work we are going to use it for visualization. So who knows I might port Mission Europa 2 also over to it . =-)
Working hard on polishing the game and getting all parts working together. It is moving quickly and I am pouring my evening time into it. Really coming along now =)…More later
Love it!!! =)….Unity really makes things a lot easier in most cases!
A low level weapon found in the initial parts of the game. Like all other weapons the parts are interchangeable. The hilt mid section and blade will have many variations all with different stats!
My item system is AWESOME if I say so myself =P. Now the player can put on “gloves” etc for punching using both hands =)… it feels good throwing a left a left a right =)…Ill post pics later!
Added Decals for splats on the floor also =)
When you kill and something pops off you get a big blood blast … when hitting you get an arangement of other blood bursts. Those are set up per level for variation…it looks AWESOME… =)
No parts coming off blood flying everywhere… =)… More later!
I currently only blow off one part. I do not want to overload the physics and have a million parts everywhere… but as you see below body parts are everywhere! =) .. Really is more rewarding seeing the enemies come apart on death =)…More later as I push forward.
I need to get the blood effects and for it to work on all limbs but the main part is there and I love it… nothing more rewarding then seeing a limb fly off due to a good shot -=)…..
Sweet… now the rest of the limbs… and the blood effect
Before the AI starts to take cover I want heads to roll… actually I want all parts to roll =)…With the system the way it is I can pretty easily have limbs be severed and roll around =).. I think that would add a ton of fun. Basically I will spawn the part that it was mad with at the bone location and give it physics to fly off and land. I then scale down the bone at that location to zero to hid the missing part… The arms head and legs will be the parts that can be blown off… =)… I think that little bit of work really would be fun. I would have to make it random I think to be special… or a function of how much damage was done at once…IE you wacked half the hitpoints in one hit AND hit close to one of the bones that can be severed….. First the head and then I will add the others.. I hope to have it done tonight but wee shall see.. Then I will move to making the AI take cover..more later
Things are pulling together qucikly! Here is me in a LOT of trouble… =) Working hard! More Later.
Getting there!! Now to make them take cover =)
Everything is coming together finally!…. Now I need to get combat working well… Then Items, polish, cut scenes….. not much left maybe 40-80 hours of work or so. Then the final game would only take about 10x that as the systems are so procedural. =)