Update LOL tied!
Got a lot more done on the list here: For now sleep =)
(CLICK FOR LARGE IMAGES)
Here is another building variation. More later I cranked the light a little to get more contrast and detail =)
and Now in the scene about 10 times over…
I think I will leve it there I will ahve other items in game like the energy running through it in beams that are moving (given I have the processing power left for the extra cool factor =) )
As the process goes on I will try to upload images tonight =)…
I forgot to mention I ordered my AEV 3.5″ lift for the jeep finally..I bit the bullet! … Now to find some time to install all of it =)…
The building before destruction correctly textured =) and yes very dark .. I want it to almost be just a silhouette.
One of many buildings I will work on tonight =)
I wish that I would not have to redo all my scripts to move to Blender 2.62. It has such huge improvements in rendering capabilities….o well I will do my best with 2.49 until after Cursed realms ships then I will go through and update all the scripts into addons … argh…
I am still working on the skybox setup. It will take some time as I want it to be just right as a smoking city that I can flip a bunch of skies and to and tweak quickly into different zones =)..
Here is where I stopped last night after getting the smoke plume done. I now need to destroy that building and make many like it =)
You will not see below about the lower 50% or you should not be able to at least =)…I feel about 25% done with it so far =)
In blender 5 this is easy!
However, that would not be much help except for rendered cut scenes and all mine are in game engine.. but still the rendered assets could really use that power argh… The best part is blender is FREE! =)
Someday those effects will be real time (Perhaps if Voxel technology ever comes around…)
Mach-ing up the city scape.. startng to get the scale correct =)
Here is the skybox at work now time to add the destroyed city =)
I wrote a script to create them in blender and the results are great. I need to finish it now. I want to add a bunch of bells and whistles to the skybox scene. Here is pusbucket feeling alone in the void! =).. it is centered on him currently for testing…
More when I get time baseball tonight for the last time…..
Skybox Time: This could take a few days. I want to create quite the look when you are in first person. I want an awesome looking dead end of the world night sky =)…. so I start now =).. Things are moving and that list is really starting to diminish =)
Here is the metal shader:
I finished a huge chunk of the alpha test list. After I got the systems redone I had the pusbucket,babyuser,imp, and user medic all redon in 45 minutes! The upfront work really pays dividens later!… I even created the death anims hit anims and effects for the imp and baby user in that time. One thinbg I have definately learned from the years of mistakes is a good design paradigm mixed with a ton of up front tools and planning for future content can cut your dev time more then half and save you a ton of headaches 🙂
Sorry for typos I am writing this post on the iPad. Not that I would be any better on a desktop 😉
More shots soon as now I am moving back to the graphical side of things 😉 (the fun stuff)
Here are the next set of targets 🙂
– Create Gold pockets.
– Adjust the lighting for a more dramatic effect.
– Move the main light more overhead
– Add in different tops for the full dirt nodes. They are picked by a mod of their X/Y coordinates. Make them more jagged and standing up higher in the air for effect when in first person.
– Add a sky box for when you are in first person. A twisted night sky with the moon split in half and a dusk sun in the horizon. Also have energy waves passing overhead with a nice shader representing the tears in the dimensions. have distant destroyed sky scrapers whos bases are obscured by fog (alpha them out at the base just after the sky reaches full alhpa so the levels fog color takes over or use a masking plane that takes the fog color with alpha up to revella both sky and buildings at a fill rate hit).
– Load and start manipulating the script in the iPad. Create and save the level. It is time to get alpha warming up.
– Rework the helper model the talking eye needs to be slimy and like it is stuck to the screen.
I am almost done with the new weapons system and AI interface. MUCH MUCH better and it will save a TON of time down the road. Tonight I plan on getting the Projectile systems finished and wiring it into the medic that uses a plasma pistol as his primary weapon. For now though the day job! =)
Happy Monday more when I get it done =)….